Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Happy New Year and extracting my head from my ass.

It has not escaped my notice that it has been some time since my last post.  Lots has happened and I have been a busy girl.  Holidays to Norway to celebrate my brothers birthday, making Christmas presents, Christmas, New Year, gastric flu, teething, more teething, crawling, panic child-proofing, de-cluttering (sort of), the impending birth of my niece/nephew, experimenting with new mediums and finally moving into my work room.

All of these things have kept me away from this here blog and busy as can be.  I am here though, to let you know that this year I am going to try so very hard to keep up with it.  I have lots of ideas and what I can only hope is the time to put them into practice.  I also hope to share some of these adventures with you.

Today though I am going to share some of the last months pictures and only hope I don't bore you to tears.  Most of these are from instagram so the quality is sketchy at best but stay with me.

First up Norway,





 









It is at this point that I now want to drop kick this effing program.  Why wont the bloody (insert profanity of your choosing here) thing keep the pictures where I put them.  Arghhh.

Moving on.  These are some of the many photos taken on this trip.  Photos include The love affair of Monkey and my Dad.  Matt looking all out-doorsy, the view from my Dads living room and the Dipsy-doo-dog and the lodge/cabin where we stayed up in the mountains.  It was amazing.

Next up is Christmas.  I won't include any photos of being sick but needless to say a good time was had by all.  I learned how to bake bread, made a culinary master piece, and decorated the house to within an inch of it's life.

 




 



 






 Yup folks, this is the first time in a long time that we spent it at home, and I loved it.  I would like to say it was relaxing but me being the stressed out control freak that I am, micro-managed the shit out of it.  But it was fun and we were joined my Matt's sister Merel and my good friend Monika.  To say we had a lot of presents would be a gross understatement.  I want to be outraged by the capitalism and all that stuff, but hey the kid in my loves this shit.  I adore giving presents and I save up for it for the whole year so I can spoil the crap out of the ones I love.  We will reign it in, in years to come but for now we loved it. Monkey was spoiled by family and friends alike.

Lastly, the de-clutter, moving to my work room, new mediums and new projects and general organisation of out home, but Cleo has woken up and I have used all my allotted me time on arranging these effing photos.  So later this week and also a few new ideas for my blog.  Happy New Year dear reader, and thanks for coming back.  I will endeavour to stay faithful and write often.

No comments:

Post a Comment