Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Secret Singer Songwriter Society. Artists by Artists

Just a quicky today.  I have honoured to have been asked to do something rather special by a foundation called The Secret Singer Songwriter Society (S4 for expedience).  Sounds all very clandestine doesn't it.


To give you a quick idea of what they (and by they I mean the lovely Richard Morris) do.  It is a private foundation that promotes and helps singer/songwriters and humanitarian causes help each other.  In a nut shell, you donate money by buying the song (so you get some damn good music for your donation) a portion goes to the artist and a portion goes to the charity and a portion goes back to the foundation to continue on their great work.  Win, win, win.  For a more rounded idea and to listen (and buy you cheap skates) to some great music please check out his website. S4

So, where do I fit in?  They are now trying to tie in visual artists, and their interpretations of certain songs.  Hence Artists by Artist.   This is a new aspect to the whole S4 thing so I will let you know more when I know more.  Basically I was given three amazing songs to listen to but only one really spoke to me.  I loved it.  It is by an amazing artist called Luke Brindley and his song Our Year will be available to down load soon via the S4 website.  I will draw (and hopefully not eff up) what this song means to me.  This picture will then be reproduced on various merchandise and available to buy.  I am fairly sure this is how it works,

Anyway, I am blown away to be asked to do this (and to be called and artist, you have no idea how hilarious I find that) and I have no idea how my style of drawing will interpret this lovely song and not trivialize it, but damn I want to try. I hope Luke likes it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment