Friday, 2 August 2013

Well gosh darn its all go, and btw who turned up the thermostat?

Let's just get this out of the way huh?  Bloody hell it's hot.  That said, there is precious little on the sewing front happening, (have you ever tried to sew outside?  I don't recommend it) but mucho happenings on the drawing front.

I finally finished, framed and delivered the piece for my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.  God I was nervous, but it turned out great and the framer was a legend.  Not bad eh?


My cousin's lovely wife, Emma (she who is responsible for most of this and has the fox named after her) also had a great idea which is now going to be making an appearance in the old Etsy shop soon, a tree that guests at the party (event) can put their finger print on and sign their name.  Cool huh?  So with one day to spare and a few glasses of wine I managed to knock one out and it looked great.


I think this is a fab way to remember your day instead of a crappy guest book that you will never look at again.  I am going to make a few that can be personalised on request and also have the option for originals with other animals and or what ever they want really.  It will be all packaged up with the ink and a nice pen.

In other news I finally got some more stuff into my Etsy shop.  There has a been a wee bit of experimenting and there will be tweaking but on the whole I am pleased with them.

I'm thinking birth announcements, birth congratulations, generally being confused or just 'coz they are cute.

A whimsical look at Dutch architecture. 

Angie Lewin influenced flowery type things.

Moving/change of address card?  A summer holiday, old fart, Victorian something..... I'm rambling.

For a closer look, go to my Etsy shop or just click over to My drawings.  All of these can be personalised, have text added made larger etc etc...  Just drop me a line.  There are a few more on the go and I will post these when they are done, either that or check out my works in progress over on my Facebook page.  While you're there, give it a like too.

At the moment I am working on a few other bits and pieces.  My lovely babysitter, Maisy and I are trying to get a few of our artistic renditions ready for the upcoming Home made market.  We will get ourselves a wee stall and try to flog out stuff.  You never know.

Lastly, I was sent a very exciting email the other day by a publisher in America asking if I would be interested in working with her for some illustrations or a colouring book.  Squeeeee!  Now, even if nothing comes of it, (and yes I will read the small print and all the other things) how cool is that?  I am so stoked to be asked.  I will let you know more when I do, it is still in the pitching phase so now you know what I do.

So on that note, I will be on my way as it is hot as balls and there is a paddling pool in Camp Awesome with my name on it and a few of this last few weeks creative endeavours and some shots of my "Garden on a shoestring".

























Have a great weekend folks, I know I will.

3 comments:

  1. Blimey Zoe, Productive isn't in it! You are a fine example to those of us who procrastinate for faaaaaaar too long (and here, of course, I mean me). Beautiful work lady x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I've come to your blog via she of Do Not Break the Dog and can I just say CONGRATS (once you've read the small print) on the book illustrations AND your very beautiful garden. Which I just refuse to believe you created on a shoestring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I promise, I have only spent €80 on my garden, the rest is scrounged, found, thrifted and bodged together. She, of "the dog" is pretty awesome too.

      Delete